Get the best of both worlds for grinding and cut-off applications with the 18V LXT Cordless 4-1/2" Angle Grinder Kit with Corded 4-1/2" Angle Grinder. The DK0060MX1 includes the 18V LXT Brushless 4-1/2" Cut-Off/Angle Grinder (XAG03MB) for corded grinding performance without the cord, as well as the corded 4-1/2" Angle Grinder with AC/DC Switch (9557NB) for maximum versatility. Both grinders are ideal for grinding, cutting and sanding a wide range of materials including pipe, tile, concrete, conduit, and more. The XAG03MB is powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the most demanding applications, Makita's exclusive Automatic Speed change Technology automatically adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimal performance. The 18V LXT 4.0 Ah battery provides 35% more run time per charge than the 3.0Ah battery (BL1830), yet it charges in only 40 minutes for less downtime and increased productivity. For added convenience, the battery features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator. It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world's largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. The 18V LXT 4.0Ah battery (BL1840B) is compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool.
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance.
- Electronic RPM controller turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or wheel is forced to stop.
- The Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 8,500 RPM.
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge.
- The electronically-controlled BL Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application.